Healingsonghome

This is my healing journal.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Home

Fall always makes me feel like I'm coming home. Maybe it's because so many transitions in my life took place during this time. I have always loved the brisk air, the anticipation of school, clients that are new, the taste of cider or freshly picked apples. I love cider doughnuts, pumpkin and apple pie, toasted pumpkin seeds, the smell of leaves burning, brisk walks and singing around bonfires.

So, why do I live in a city, where so little of that exists? When I figure out the answer to that one, maybe I'll understand better what is going on with me.

Fall is also the beginning of church choir and for our first song, we're doing one called "Going Home". It's an old sacred harp song. (Thank God, James doesn't conduct it at the tempo most of those groups do.)

So, I'm going home to more transitions, to more change, to more mountains and valleys, most of which take place in Autumn.

1 Comments:

  • At October 12, 2008 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Suzanne R said...

    Mostly what I notice about autumn is the nippy air, even when it's sunny. A neighbor did some burning yesterday but it may have been spare branches as the leaves haven't fallen. I am out in the country so it wasn't possible to tell what was being burned behind the outbuilding I can see from my back yard. It smelled good, though.

    I put a tag about Fall on my blog today but didn't blog about Fall, just about how I was tagging again. Hmmm. You are way ahead of me! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home