Healingsonghome

This is my healing journal.

Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm still around

I haven't felt much like posting. I've seen friends of mine go for nearly as long without saying anything new on their blogs. But, I wanted to wait and see if I would hear anything with regards to Bert's employment status before I wrote anything.

Bert is still looking, though he's looking for jobs other than cook jobs right now, though that is his passion. He's believing that whatever he can find will be an improvement on what he went through at Vista Grande Villa, and with the attitude he's taking on, I believe that he may be right. He's also been reading his Bible every day and we've been going through "Mastering the Seven Decisions" by Andy Andrews. But, I can't help but feel there's something more we need to be doing. Just what that is, I don't know. Prayer is definitely also in the cards.

I think I'm the one who really needed an attitude change the past couple of weeks. I've been encouraging Bert to continue on and telling him he's making the right choices. But, I have not been feeling strong, or that is, I believed I was not as strong as I made myself out to be. I've come to the conclusion how wrong I was. Every time I've ever said I'm not that strong, God always seems to point out to me, that my strength is knowing when I need to lean on Him or on those around me for support. I actually rememver saying to someone recently, "I don't feel strong enough to go on" and yet, I'm still here. So, if I'm still here, I am strong enough.

I've been dealing with family stuff as well. That won't stop, until we can get together to clean out the house and once we've liquidated Mom's stocks, etc. I don't know whether it's fortunate or not. However, were it not for her and how she provided for all of us kids, we might not have our house still and the bills would not continue to be paid here. It is going to get better though. i know it is!

3 Comments:

  • At June 23, 2008 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Suzanne R said...

    It doesn't matter how often you blog. I am thinking that maybe I should blog less often. Your entry has a great deal of meaning. I can empathize with much of what you have and are experiencing. We somehow survive, with God's help, and often we don't see where He has been instrumental in that survival until later on. My prayers continue for you and Bert.

     
  • At June 23, 2008 at 8:43 PM , Blogger nippercatshome said...

    I agree with suzanne, your blog has a lot of meaning, my prayers are with you.....mary

     
  • At June 30, 2008 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Tom C said...

    And so they leave it up to me to tell you what it is that you're forgetting to do.
    You must stand naked in front of your house, facing west at five pm while dangling a live chipmonk by the tail. Make three complete turns while chanting something, then let the rodent go. Yhis won't do much for you, but the neighbors...... Well just trust me.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home