Healingsonghome

This is my healing journal.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Update Update

Bert is looking for jobs and getting trained on the computer. I'm enjoying him being home. But, I'm beginning to wish I had my old routine back. There's a part of me who wishes she didn't have to be strong, she didn't have to go through the studying we're doing, only a small part. But, that's enough to be an annoyance. I am finding it hard to actually keep up with the new schedule while he's looking forwork. However, this too will pass.

Bert said that the best interview he has ever had was yesterday. It was at a pub where cooking from scratch is an important part of their reputation. He has longed to work in such a place. The executive chef who interviewed him actually affirmed Bert, told him he ws an okay person and that he would keep him in mind, even for private parties. Between that and learning computers at Michigan Works, he's doing quite well.

My prayer partner wanted to know why it was Bert and I weren't at an open house the Saturday before Memorial Day. When I told her that I had had to work,s he said that I could have made it after work. I pointed out to her that after doing four massages, I really don't want to go anywhere except to dinner and then home. She acted likeI should have dropped everything and just come anyway. That was two days after Bert had been suspended. I couldn't think coherently, much less between working and trying to pull Bert together, I really didn't want to be around others. Is it really hard for people to understand?

I will get through this. But, people act like life must go on and I know it will. It's just that until Bert finds a job, I need to continue to be a source of strength for him and try to mange the rest of my routine as best I can. I thank those of you reading this for your support.

3 Comments:

  • At June 4, 2008 at 12:25 PM , Blogger Tom C said...

    seems your partner in prayer is a bit insensitive. Glad I don't have to put up with folks like that.
    Ohh I saw the golden compass the other night. Cute story.

     
  • At June 4, 2008 at 8:57 PM , Blogger Suzanne R said...

    You are under a lot of stresses, and it's good that you know when to say "no". I have so often realized that by hindsight, but I am learning.

    Hearing your thoughts about how your schedule has changed and how difficult that is help me to understand why I struggled with my husband being at home so often when we had our businesses or he was out of work. I think we as women need our own space and to plan our own schedules.

    My prayers continue to be with you and Bert.

     
  • At June 6, 2008 at 7:21 PM , Blogger Healing Song said...

    Tom, you need to write a review of the "Golden Compass". Would trust your judgment on movies like that.

    Suzanne, I think you're right. I think we as women really need to understand the need for our own space. But, I think men need to understand that. Tom, please know in my opinion, you are an exception. You've always known that. It may not have always been clear to you. But, I remember watching you when we were in school. You always understood the need for personal space whether it be male or female, and that's something I've always respected in you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home