Healingsonghome

This is my healing journal.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

A special thank you to all

I'm actually feeling a bit better now that I've started back to work again, though today, you would have wondered if I really was feeling okay. I went to work with a headache, and it seems to have let up a bit. However, it felt like it was from my eyes. Having artificial eyes can be a pain in more ways than one. I was looking forward to going with my husband to an acoustic music jam. However, hearing hammer dulcimers mindlessly banging out the same tune in unison really did not appeal to my head tonight.

Yesterday, I went into the office to do thre massages. However, thanks to another snowstorm, one of my clients was stranded on I96 in traffic, about an hour and a half in normal circumstances from where I was. So, he'll be coming in on New Year's Eve. I had four half hour ones to do today, which was not how things were originally supposed to go. I was only supposed to have two half hour ones and one hour one. However, the husband of one of my clients was in bad enough shape for her and I to realize she needed to split her hour massage in between them both

I just want to thank all of you for being there for me, as I began the process of working through my grief. I know that I will have periods of time where I will find it difficult. Yet, each and every one of you who have read my blog, whether you've commented or not, have blest me with your presence. I appreciate that more than I can tell you.
I had promised the cookie recipe I came up with for what I call Therapeutic Cookies. They're therapeutic, because the dough takes a lot of energy to make.
2 butter quarters
1 cup granulated sugar
1 half cup brown sugar
2 eggs
Splash of vanilla
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
2 cups flour
4 cups oats
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 third cup each dried cherries, dried cranberries and walnuts
1 half to 1 cup chocolate chips.

Cream the butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla together. Add the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon gradually while mixing. Fold in the oatmeal gradually. Add and fold the dried fruits, nuts and chocolate chips. Chill in the fridge for one hour. (This dough may require you to mix it with your hands towards the end.

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Break off hunks of dough with your hands and shape into balls. Place them on a grease cookie sheet and bake for eight to ten minutes. Cool before removing.

I hope that all of you will have a blest New Year, as I am not sure I'll be writing again before then.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home