Healingsonghome

This is my healing journal.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

faith

Gosh, I sometimes hate Email lists. When two of the lists go off on the same subject in different ways, and you get too much Email. I've kept my own list down to a dull roar on the subject of faith, though faith is the basis for my starting the list. But, when the other list is a list for school alumni, and it gets out of hand, you have to wonder. Tom, I'm in a way grateful you're on both lists with me, because it gives me someone to go back to and ask, "which way is up".

Watching the various threads on the MSB list that had to deal with faith, I found myself wondering about a discussion I had had with several people about my faith lately, and I keep asking myself, do I talk too much about my faith? Do I not listen? Am I not silent enough when I need to be? Do I scare people away? Am I really being a credit to God's kingdom?

I was riding to BNI this Tuesday morning with my friend Wess, ostensibly because I was feeling a need to be in a car rather than on a city bus, and I posed some of these questions to him. He wisely let me talk on and finally, when I said that maybe, if I'm asking these questions, I'm really okay, he looked at me and said that everyone goes through that at one time or another.


I hope that in my head, I can believe that. However, my heart would rather know if I'm being too forward with certain people, and I guess I would want to know if they really think my compassionate side is not showing the way I would want it to.

Just heard from my sister Sandy on Mom. She's resting comfortably. The breathing tube has been removed and she is breathing on her own. She might be moved to palliative care in a couple of weeks if all continues to go the way that it is. Thank you so much for your prayers!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home