Healingsonghome

This is my healing journal.

Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas

Christmas Eve has ended. Christmas Day is beginning. I'm content, because i know I have lots of wonderful friends who are prayign for me and taking care of me. But, I'm also still feeling the holiday haze around me.

At the Christmas Eve service tonight, we sang all of Mom's favorite carols. I was relieved to be surounded by my friend Melissa and my husband, because that enabled me to sing harmonies, something Mom would have loved to have heard, I think, though in our church that was never spontaneous.

I still smell the cookies I made earlier in the day. It was a sort of experiment, though they worked out fine. I made tiny oatmeal cookies with dried cherries, chocolate chips, cranberries and walnuts in them. They taste fine, except you can tell the chocolate chips were an inferior brand. As I made the cookie dough, I listened to the "Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols" on our public radio station. It was a tradition between my father and I when he was alive. We would listen to that together, drinking our coffee and talking. It felt good to be thinking of both of them, knowing they're both celebrating Christmas in Heaven together, or at least I hope so.

Will be going to my friend Fran's house for Christmas dinner, or actually her niece's house. I think I'm up to it, though right now, as it's nearing time for me to close my eyes, I can't know what the day is going to bring. So, let me leave off by saying, Merry Christmas.

2 Comments:

  • At December 25, 2007 at 12:01 PM , Blogger Indigo Red said...

    Merry Christmas, Bea. The cookies had me at oatmeal and dried cherries. That sounds so scrumptious, I think I'll do some experimenting, too.

     
  • At December 25, 2007 at 6:47 PM , Blogger Healing Song said...

    Indi, I'll post the recipe, now that I have figured out my measurements. I was a bit short on things when I made them. But, they still turned out good. I'll do that as a separate entry in a few days.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home