Healingsonghome

This is my healing journal.

Saturday, December 1, 2007

More on Mom

Well, I talked with my sister Sandy today, after I had heard a message from her on Thursday. In the message on Thursay, she told me that Mom was improving and was able to breathe on her own. She also told me that they were looking at palliative care options for Mom. She and Ebba had talked about moving her near Ebba in Leland, because Mom knew Leland, and they thought it would be less of a shock for her if she was there.

When I talked with Sandy today, after talking with a couple of friends of mine who were nurses, she told me that she was pretty sure no senior program would accept Mom into their program, because of the MRSA. She did say that they were continuing to look at programs near Ebba. However, when I told her that Bert and I had talked about arranging our schedules in order to visit Mom, she said that gave them something to think about, since "I know you will be a responsible adult". Why wouldn't I be? She's my Mom!


Mom has been moved to the step down unit. They are still feeding her through her nose. The amazing thing is they found no bed sores on Mom. They credit that to her constantly moving around in her sleep. She doesn't always know who people are.

There's a chance I may have to go spend time with her to fill in the gap, while Sandy goes to the hospital in Chicago to have some tests run, and Ebba is arranging her schedule so she can come back down.

Still issues of unforgiveness between most of my family and my brother Bob, and I don't think that will change any time soon. Apparently, a conversation my sister Ebba had with him didn't go as well as she would have liked. They are also frustrated with our sister Chris and our brother Nels, though in his case, he's having to work extra hours, and when you work for yourself that can lend to not having much time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home