Healingsonghome

This is my healing journal.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

More on Bert and other stuff

Now that the piano is moved here into the house, I am enjoying sitting at it and playing songs whenever I can.

It's hard to believe that I've had a blog for nearly a year. The last couple of months, I have not posted much. But, it has not been because I don't want to. Life has gotten in the way.

I have managed to keep busy on the days that I've worked at the office. I ahve not had less than two massages a day, each day that I've worked accept for a couple of days here and there. I'm grateful to have my massage chair, even though I don't use it every day. I'll go in spurts where I'll have a lot of appointments that require it and then have long dry spells where I'll only have massages that require the table.

Bert is still working at Charlie's Pub and Grill. However, the guy who hired him is gone. They fired him on Saturday. The blessing of that is that Bert all of as sudden has more hours.

Next week, unless things work out differently, he will have to appear before an arbitrator at Michigan Works for a re-determination hearing. Apparently, Vista Grande Villa filed for a hearing and they got it. He's worried about it, though the advocate he found on Monday and the lawyers he talked to said that there is nothing to worry about.

The other day, I actually asked a friend if I was losing my mind, because I am not worried about how things will go. He told me that no, I don't have to worry.

I thank God that all is well.

We enjoyed turkey dinner this afternoonand as I ate, I found myself thinking how we were celebrating Thanksgiving early. I am so thankful that God is watching over both of us and our cats.

Some would say we don't have a lot to be thankful for, since the election did not go the way of the conservative vobe. But, we can be thankful for the roof over our heads, the blessings we experience in just living out each day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home