Healingsonghome

This is my healing journal.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

My name is Esther RUth

I am Bea's prize Martin guitar and my name is Esther Ruth. I'm what's called a D15 and
I'm the only guitar Bea owns with a female name.

Bea and her husband Bert strolled into Elderly Instruments to get a bunch of repairs done to his Guild guitar, , and found me sitting on a rack waiting to be played. Bert handed me to Bea and she immediately began to compose a song on me.

For the next day and a half, all Bea kept saying to Bert was that she wanted that guitar and that they could afford me.

On that Monday afternoon, they walked into the show room and couldn't find me. Then, Bert noticed that the Martins had been moved. I was handed to Bea again, and it was like meeting up with an old friend.

For the next seven years, I was Bea's constant companion at gigs. She has three other guitars. Stephen is the oldest. She's had him since she was fourteen. Joshua, a wonderful twelve string is next. Then, there's me and then Black Cloud, who she rescued from a friend who hadnot taken good care of him.

I'm made of Mahogony, a wood that is not always prized. Yet, because of the kind of wood it is, I have a warm, rich tone. Bea has composed many songs on me, since she got me.

But, on Wednesday, Bea and I had an unfortunate thing hapen to us. She was playing some songs on me, along with her husband Bert, as they were preparing for the concert they were doing at a new coffee venue. However, my strap came off at my tail end, and I fell to the floor, before Bea could catch me.

Poor Bea. Bert told her that it would have to be her money that would have to pay for me, or for a new guitar. She was devistated, as they prepared to take me up to Elderly Instruments.

I'm now lying in the hospital room, or actually it's known as a repair shop, waiting for the guys to come mend the huge crack on me. They told Bea that I would be good as new, and that the repairs would cost less than a new guitar. So, now, I lie in wait for my turn to be worked on, while Bea uses Joshua for some of the next few gigs.

I'll write more when I return home.

7 Comments:

  • At February 23, 2008 at 11:57 PM , Blogger Michael Serafin-St. John said...

    Esther Ruth, I know you have forgiven Bea for the unfortunate accident by now, and because I have been fortunate enough to hear her play you, I know that when you are reunited things will be fine again. I hope you will be recovered by Easter, because Bea has invited me to dinner, and I want to hear you play.

     
  • At February 24, 2008 at 9:26 PM , Blogger Suzanne R said...

    Esther Ruth, you speak regarding Bea's mishap with you very eloquently. I am so glad you are going to be repaired and come back home to her better than ever.

     
  • At February 26, 2008 at 4:14 PM , Blogger Healing Song said...

    Esther Ruth will thank you when she returns home to me. But, I wanted to say thanks on her behalf.

     
  • At February 26, 2008 at 5:56 PM , Blogger Tom C said...

    I still think she used you as a club on Bert. wink

     
  • At February 26, 2008 at 9:20 PM , Blogger Healing Song said...

    Tom,

    How can you say that about me? I'm an instrument of Peace! Bea could never use me that way, could she? Now, you have me curious.

    Be very careful, dear friend of Bea's because I have heard from Stephen, (her oldest guitar) many wonderful, juicy stories about you, and I don't think you want them past on.

    Esther Ruth from the basement at Elderly Instruments.

     
  • At February 27, 2008 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Tom C said...

    Some of those stories are just bragging. While I might have grown up and grown ..... something. I don't regret a pinched butt one!

     
  • At February 27, 2008 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Healing Song said...

    I'm banning Esther Ruth from writing again, until she is well. Anyone want to disagree with this, they can. But, I ain't listening.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home