Healingsonghome

This is my healing journal.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

I feel so blest!!!

This has been the week in which I have felt like I was on a perpetual treadmill with a lot of different things going on. Yet, in the end, I have felt so blest to have actually gone through this week.

It all started on Monday, when I showed up at work, or actually was on my way out the door to catch my ride. The driver cursed me for having my hamper, took it from me, slammed it into the van and slammed the door. This particular driver is always complaining about one thing or another, and frankly, I've wanted to see her get fired for the past five years! So, naturally in the afternoon, I called in a complaint against her.

When I got into the office, I discovered that my cordless phone had been turned on by my office mate when she was putting it in the basket of clean sheets, so she would not hear it ring. Thus, when I went to use it, there was no power!

I decided to go to my landlord's office, only to find that the sidewalk down to the steps leading to her office was covered with a nice coating of ice. So, I turned around, went back to my level of the building, and salted down the sidewalk between the two wings. The whole time, I wondered if my whole week was going to be like this.

Fortunately, it wasn't. Tuesday, I had three massages. Friday, I had four and Saturday I had four. Wednesday, I went out to coffee with a friend of mine, and Thursday, I worked on paper work all day, until it was time for me to go coach the children in a sceen in "The Miracle Worker".

On Friday night, after giving four massages, I worked at a relaxation night at my church, only to get a gift card and a thank you note from them to Bob Evans. The gift card was for quite a bit of money. So, I can't complain.

Then, on Saturday morning, I was eating my breakfast, when I received a phone call from a woman who went on an Emmaus walk, asking if I would be interested in being the assistant music director for the walk. We're meeting tomorrow morning to go over music.

When I look back over this past week, I have to stop and consider the fact that while so many of my friends are facing life's challenges, I can thank God for taking the time to bless me and let them know how much I appreciate them for what theyre going through. You know who you are and you know how much I love and appreciate you. I wish I could take your cares away from you and give you some of what I have experienced over the past week. Yet, each one of you have shared your blesings with me during times when I needed to hear that everything was going well for you and I was going through hard times. I love you all.

4 Comments:

  • At January 21, 2008 at 1:25 PM , Blogger Michael Serafin-St. John said...

    Hi, there Bea. I've got my own blog up and operating now at http://imperfectnerd.blogspot.com and I included a link back to yours on it. Come visit sometime!

    Mike Serafin

     
  • At January 21, 2008 at 3:59 PM , Blogger Suzanne R said...

    It's pretty amazing how with the bad things that happen in life, there are always blessings from God as well, if we take time to see them. I'm glad for the gifts from Him in your life that you have shared here.

     
  • At January 21, 2008 at 6:35 PM , Blogger Tom C said...

    Over thirty years we've known each other, and your friendship means more to me with every passing day.

     
  • At January 21, 2008 at 9:07 PM , Blogger Healing Song said...

    Tom, all I can say is Ditto. I really needed to hear this from you. Please know it's my turn to give you whatever strength I can now. Goodness knows, you've been with me through some really dark days lately, and your strength was a Godsend.

    Suzanne, I hae appreciated getting to know you through other lists. Blessings on you.

    Mike, I will go up and visit your blog soon, I promise.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home