Healingsonghome

This is my healing journal.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Just for today...

It's been a rough couple of days. My keyboard has had to be taken down, as our roof sprang a leak around the chimney. The keyboard was where the old fireplace used to be with the mantle above it, sort of like a shelf. ON that, Bert kept some books he had bought which are all treasures. The damage to the ceiling and a couple of wall boards is probably going to cost a little. Fortunately, the home owners insurance will cover most of it.

I miss having my keyboard close to me. It's upstairs. The amp has been moved into my office. I am anxious to have the ceiling repaired, so that I can play it again. The keyboard is so therapeutic for me. Unfortunately, our contractor is sick. So, I hadve no clue as to when he'll be ble to even write an estimate.

Today, it took everything I had to move one foot in front of the other, both physically and mentally. I was so tired, and I had to get used to going to BNI, (Business Networking International) after not being there for three weeks, two due to holidays and one because of Mom's memorial service. I wonder if the lethargic feeling though had anything to do with feeling like I had lost my best friend in not being able to play my keyboard. It reminds me so much of the times Mom and I used to sit and listen to each other play piano.

I love my guitar, and I love playing my mandolin. Yet, because I use them both so much for work or church, they don't mean as much to my soul as I thought they would. It's at the keyboard where I spend a good deal of time when I'm writing music.

Oh well... Just for today, I will cherish the time I can play my guitar, the time I can write, the time I can spend talking to God to renew my strength, the time I can spend either talking or writing any of you in a given day. This too will pass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home