Healingsonghome

This is my healing journal.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Primary Eve

Well, today the phone calls probably will begin in earnest for the next twenty-four hours, as Republican candidates jockey their phone calls in to my voice mail, pleading me to vote for them. I tell you what... Even if you are the guy I would vote for, you call my house three times like Romney has done before primary eve, ya won't get my vote and I'll write you off as a pain in the ass! I am so sick of his "I'm so proud of my Michigan heritage" speech. If you're that proud of it, then why did you leave? Also, if you send five pounds of mail to me, the way Ron Paul's campaign has done, you won't get my vote either! I had already decided not to vote for him anyway, because I saw what working for his campaign had done to one of my work mates and her boyfriend. Let's just say it ain't pretty. In their house, it's trouble in paradise.

I have to say though, if ya don't vote, what kind of respect should others give to you for not at least doing your part? I was reminded of that so tangibly yesterday morning.

I'm one who prays every day at least once for our troops, and if I know anyone who is out there, I'll pray for them all the harder. Yesterday morning, one of our troops came home to our church. This young man has been in the army ever since I've gotten to know his family, (aabout ten years). He did something different. Rather than just accept the applause that so often comes after we've welcomed them home, he came up and personally thanked each and every one of us for praying for him, a soldier who has voluntarily pledged to serve our country.

In this country, we all have the opportunity to serve our country, whether it be as a soldier, a member of the Navy, Air force or Coastguard, a voter. Yes, we still have the freedom to serve our country. So, rather than bellyache about it, get out there and serve, even in the primary. And, oh yes, for those of you who are Democrat in Michigan who do not want to vote for Hillary, write in your two candidates. I'm sure that would take some of the wind out of her sails and you would be exercising your rite to vote for whoever you damned well please, even though I totally disagree with you.

As for me? I'll just have to take the time to figure that out. I'll probably vote for... (That's for those of you who know me to find out.)

5 Comments:

  • At January 14, 2008 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Tom C said...

    Fred Thompson

     
  • At January 14, 2008 at 2:46 PM , Blogger Suzanne R said...

    I can't guess who you like, but I can tell you that I haven't liked Romney since day one. I don't imagine that's much of a surprise to you, though. -G-

     
  • At January 14, 2008 at 8:10 PM , Blogger Healing Song said...

    Tom,

    I know I'm easy to read. However, it's all going to depend on who is on the ballot. I'll let ya know once I've done it.

    Yep, Suzanne. I figured Romney would not be your number one choice. It's funny how there are those Evangelical Christians in this state that would rather give him their vote.

    I feel for you, Tom. Hopefully, you won't get five calls from his campaign with three of them being from himself. I think the one that really ticked me off, in addition to all of his "I'm so proud of my Michigan Heritatge" balderdash was the one I got from a gentleman claiming to be "the world's toughest Sheriff" from "Arizona. An errogant fool only atracts errogant fools!

     
  • At January 15, 2008 at 9:11 PM , Blogger Ryan said...

    Oh yes Joe Arpayo from Arizona.
    I'm sure I killed his name.
    The Michigan primary was an odd one with the democratic party trying to punish michigan for having the thing early.
    The funny thing is, Hillery could have lost if uncommitted and some lesser known dems got more than 50% of the vote.
    Edwards and Obama wern't even registered as write in candidates either so Dems didn't turn out much.
    The ones who did just wanted to mess up the republican race.
    Quite a few think if Mitt wins the nomination, he'll be easyerto defeat than McCane.

     
  • At January 21, 2008 at 1:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Why can't we just have a national primary, with all the declared candidates, and narrow the field down that way? Does anybody think that all this stuff is a waste of time and money, or is it just me?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home