Healingsonghome

This is my healing journal.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

My New Year's Commitments

It’s a beautiful day here in Jackson, Michigan. I think we’re getting more snow. In fact, I think it’s the type of snow that is such a bore, the kind that just sort of falls when it’s ready to.
I’ve been thinking about New Year’s resolutions. I don’t like them, because I have a hard time keeping them, as does everyone else. So, I think what others may call resolutions; I’m going to consider commitments to myself and to others.
My first commitment is to myself. I am going to try to live a healthier lifestyle. Now, that doesn’t mean I’m going to chide myself for eating sweets or not exercising, if I forget to, or if I eat more sweets than I usually do. What that means is I’m also going to try to be positive to myself and others in my thinking in my conversation and in my Email. I will listen more and try to only give wisdom when I feel it is necessary to do so.
My second commitment is to those of you who read my blog on a regular basis. I will try to make this a place where anyone who reads here will feel welcome to comment at any time. I’ve appreciated all of you so much for being there through the trial of watching Mom slip off into eternity. Yet, I want this to be your place as well to share with me.
Finally, I will make an effort to let my husband know he is loved every day for who he is. That’s a commitment I will make daily, because there are days when I just don’t want to, because I’m either angry at him, or I’m frustrated with him being grumpy after a rather trying day at work.
Now, here are some fun ones.
I will say “Go Blue” only when Michigan is playing in a bowl game or a championship game and I will make an effort at keeping up with my Beloved Spartans and say “Go Green” more often.
I will laugh more and I will play more fun songs as a tribute to Mom.
I will make more of an effort to visit the blogs of friends and leave behind comments in my wake when I feel I can contribute. Which brings me to a favor to ask. Indigo, could you please disable the word verification feature on your blog? Google’s audio word verification link tends to not work for me half the time and it seems I’ve hit one of those not willing to work for me periods of time.
Now, if any of you have commitments you think I should adhere to, please feel free to put them up for me as a comment. I promise I will take them under advisement, Lol.
Happy New Year to all!

2 Comments:

  • At January 8, 2008 at 6:57 PM , Blogger Suzanne R said...

    New Years Resolutions? What are they? -G- As you may guess, they completely slipped my mind this year, with what all went on over the last week and a half, losing Mom and all. I have noticed that during times like that, the world just seems to go away. But I enjoyed reading about yours here today (1/8). You are such a good Internet friend -- I don't know how you could be better. It's sweet of you to want to improve, though. I think I could take a page out of your book.

    As a side note, thank you to everyone who prayed for me when I went to Idaho for Mom's funeral, which included a drive to northern Utah for her interment. The weather turned out to be much better than expected, for the most part. I am glad to be home, though.

     
  • At January 8, 2008 at 8:00 PM , Blogger Healing Song said...

    Thanks, Suzanne, I really do try to be a better friend to all in some ways each day.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home