Healingsonghome

This is my healing journal.

Saturday, November 3, 2007

healing the planet

Yesterday, I received a rather disturbing Email from a friend, telling all of us she was going to be leaving all the groups on a particular server. I received this, after getting into a discussion with a friend about the primaries going on in the coming months.

I guess I find it hard to understand why it is, we all have to be so unkind to each other. Why should this particular woman offend me and everyone who is a part of the groups on the server by leaving a bunch of drama in her wake, especially since she'll close down her own groups within a month? I left her group, after reading her letter, because frankly, I cannot stomach her doing this to people repeatedly!

Why is it, we have to sit and listen to those who are running for office all over, as if what they have to say is Gospel? Why should Christians listen to Dr. Dobson as the only authority on political parties, particularly since he is so insistent on saying that Christians should not vote for third party candidates, even if they support the issues we hold dear? Why should we vote for the lesser of two evils, rather than use our God given brains for once to say, 'No! We will not stand for this!"

Shouldn't we instead concentrate on sharing healing energy with each other to help out with physical, emotional and spiritual problems? Instead of complaining about the problems that exist within the leadership of our country, Shouldn't we do something about them? Should we not pray here in Michigan for those in the South who are experiencing an unprecendented drought, and for those in California who are losing their homes to fires, rather than stick our heads in the sand and say that the problems don't exist?

I seem to rememberreading somewhere that God did say we would subdue the Earth. And, I understand we cannot do anything until after we have. But, the fact of the matter is, it feels to me like the end of our planet is coming too near for comfort. I'm not ready to give up yet. I want to as long as I'm breathing do what I can to show kindness, rather than spend my time being angry.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At November 3, 2007 at 7:04 PM , Blogger MEME16 said...

    it is so easy to be kind that I can never understand why others are not.....have a great weekend and I will try to figure out my blog address soon- if you clink on my name maybe it will take you there but I cannot be sure- terrible when one cannot figure out their own address--LOL
    huggles Meme

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home